The building of the Konin City Hall
ul.Wiosny Ludów 662-500 Konin
The representative city hall building is the third building of this type in the history of the city. The current Classicist building was erected at the turn of the 18th / 19th centuries (between 1796 and 1803 year). The building is built on a trapezoidal plan, it has a facade with four massive Doric columns bearing a triangular tympanum (inside which there is a bas-relief of the Konin coat of arms). The building of the town hall is connected with the building of former buttresses (merchant stalls) erected in the first half of the 19th century. Interestingly, a clock from the Cistercian monastery in Ląd is located on the town hall tower. In the vicinity of the town hall, it is worth stopping at noon. Every day at this hour resounds from the city hall tower "Bugle Call of Konin City", composed by a native urban - Witold Friemann (1889-1977).