A roman road Pole in Konin
ul. Kościelna 162-500 Konin
It's the oldest preserved and inscribed road sign in Europe, outside the borders of the former Roman Empire. It was set in the twelfth century, most probably by Piotr Włostowic, an eminent nobleman and voivode among others Bolesław Krzywousty, as a signpost halfway between Kalisz and Kruszwica. This is indicated by the Latin inscription (poetry work) from 1151 year.