Monastery of the Missionaries of the Holy Family in Kazimierz Biskupi
Klasztorna 262-530 Kazimierz Biskupi
The Bernardine monastery complex in Kazimierz Biskupi was built in the years 1518-1523 from the foundation of Jan Lubrański - bishop of Poznań. This is the only sixteenth-century foundation of this order in Poland. Bernardine (Franciscans-observers) were involved in the promotion of the Five Brothers' cult in Kazimierz Biskupi, whose relics were specially brought from the Czech Republic to the Poznań cathedral and then (around 1525) transferred to Kazimierz Biskupi. The old equipment has survived: the late-Renaissance tombstone of Stanisław Russocki, the sculpture of St. Jadwiga and Saint. Nicholas from the middle 16th century and a wooden reliquary box, in which the relics of the Five Brothers were brought. The present relics can be found in the side altar of the temple.